Loft based monoblock air conditioner with no external unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear forum

I am looking into A/C for next summer, but struggling to find something, probably does not exist.
I do not want an external unit, but I also want it to be quiet.

I have found wall mounted monoblocks, including one that is DC inverter-driven, so has continuously adjusting power levels and not full on/off. Only concern is putting such large holes in the wall is rather permanent, and the units are not particularly small.

Ideally, there would be a monoblock unit that I can mount in the loft, with cold in/out ducts and warm in/out ducts. Then I could pull air in at landing, cool it, and put it into the bedroom(s). The other warm loop would have in and out ducts penetrating the plastic loft eaves vents. Better still if it was an inverter model.

That would be easy to install and involve no making holes in bricks or roof etc. Does anyone know if that exists, because I can't find it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You are forgetting the moisture removed during cooling, has to be removed somehow.

I was imagining that the moisture would be removed in the same way as an inside wall mounted unit, by a drain pipe going outside.

So you would have a single monoblock inverter driven air conditioner in the loft, with ducting both to ceilings and to outside via loft eave penetration, and also a drain pipe out of the loft eaves.

But this does not seem to exist... :(

Unlikely to be inverter but this can be loft mounted and ducted in/out

http://www.medalaircon.co.uk/filestore/vpac_&_inpac_leaflet.pdf

As an aside I would probably only vent the exhaust air. This means the unit will take air from the loft space remove the heat and be ducted outside. This forced ventilation of the loft during summer will reduce the heat build up and cool the loft reducing the heatload -unless you have 300mm of insulation up there. The potential downside is if not run during the day the loft will be very hot which affects performance and efficiency till that heat build up air is removed

Depending upon the size of the property don't go too large, most bedrooms have only 1-2 kw cooling duty.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back