loft board panels and spotlight fixings - dangerous?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The ceilings of my flat have spot light fitted in every room. I would like to lay loft board pannels (from HomeBase) in my loft. My concern is that the back of the spot light fixings come out from the ceiling onto the loft end, and get very hot when used, and also I've got insulation around these light fixings. Is it safe to lay the loft board panels on the rafts and therefore covering these areas which get very hot and would get no ventilation?

thanks
diynovice

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the site.

Appreciate that this is a loft boarding question but you may wish to post this in the UK Electrics section due to the electrical issues with the proposal.

I am no expert but there may well be issues with the insulation around the lights even without boarding. Are the lights 'F' rated?

There are a number of issues previously discussed on the site along similar lines. Search for relevant postings first. Issues include fire hazards, fire hoods, flammable surfaces etc etc. All in relation to using downlights.

By the way, don't be tempted to double post as this is against the rules!!

Maybe a helpful MOD will move this to electrics.... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back