Loft conversion and fire doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a loft conversion done 3 years ago and the builder ran off near the end.

Finally all the outstanding elements (insulation, smokes, part P cert etc)were finished bar fire rules regarding closure of all inhabitated rooms.

Got the LABC visit tommorrow for final sign off and the status of the doors is that they all have closures on them, the new door in to the loft is a fire door with sealing strip.

Way back we had a previous visit and the person was unwilling to sign off due to the absence on the Grd and 1st floor of door closures.

So my question is:- Since the last inspection the rules have changed and some LABC's seem to now suggest that ALL doors must not only close, but MUST be fire rated.

Will I get away with my existing edwardian aged doors being in place with closures on them, but without strip and thus maybe not in compliance with the updated rules ?

Sponsored Links
That's just what I wanted to here, Happy Xmas Woody and thanks for the reply.

:D

Sponsored Links
Full pass, cert from the LABC on the way.

Problem was that the house is Edwardian and has 95% original features including pretty pine panelled doors, so changing them out would have been a poor show and uglied the house.

I'll be spending the day loosening the closure springs on 8 doors because the kids hate the door closures and the cat has been attempting to dig under the doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back