Loft Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
l have recently purchased my first property which is a two bed terraced with a loft conversion. This was used as a bedroom by the previous owner. Prior to purchasing the property we were made aware that the vendor did not make the council aware of changes (this may have been converted even before they purchased). I was advised to take out a indemnity policy as I was eager to exchange & complete, I checked loft was structurally sound before doing this.
Due to the steep stair access I now want to change to a more suitable stair case. Please can someone advise how I can arrange for this to be done, i.e do I need to let planning know about changes I want to make?Or will this bring up problems with them?

Any help would be much appreciated as I want to get ball rolling! Thanks

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo morley and welcome :D:D:D

you need to know if the loft conversion was up to standard

did they strengthen the floor !!!

is there sufficient head room !!!

is the insulation and ventilation satisfactory!!!

if its not up to standard its an expensive storage area

Thanks. I have checked insulation, head room & timbers all of which seem adequate. If the planning officer comes to look for me do they advise what I need to do & what will need amending? Also is there a timescale they will give are which todo it in??
Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back