Loft conversions...how much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas how much a loft conversion will cost me? I have a three bedroom semi, and was hoping for a new staircase up to the loft , a full rear dorma, and two berooms and a bathroom put in. Just a ball-park figure?

I apologise if this is a thread that has been exhaustively discussed, but I have not used this (or any other) home-improvement site before. I would be very grateful for any guidance.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forums, unfortunately your question is not answerable by these froums, more info is required, at best we can only give "guestimations" which could be miles out, which would be of no use to you

see item 9 it expalins more

doubt you'll get 2 rooms and a bathroom in the roofspace of a 3 bed semi.

I have just down sized from a three bed detached to a three bed semi with a massive loft space many have been converted on our road I did my guestimate and I think apart from putting a few boards down just to keep a few bits up there it will stay that way.

Sponsored Links
The average cost for a new staircase for your loft is around £1000.00 for a Pine winder staircase with the handrail.

you are giving false hopes, the poster wanted a price for the whole lot, not just a stair case, besides as i posted you should not give prices due to the inacuracies you give. you need to see a job before quoting, suppose he is in the outer hebradies (he could be) will your price still stand?

I am not saying this to be alkward etc, just to stop people fromquoting for things they can not see, do not know where they are, how easy is access etc

Hi nice tip but i supply staircases nationwide and this is just an average figure

Stairman do you have any contact details I'm always on the lookout for decent staircases at the right price how do your prices compare to stairplan who I am currently using.

the stairman has not got his details visible in his profile, perhaps he will now

stairman feel free to post your web site and email in your profile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back