loft grants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was wondering if you can answer my questions.

I have been working in the loft and wall insulation related work for a number of years.
Just last month My self along with 40 other workers were made redundant due to cut backs on the funding. the company which I wont name can't really be justified to why we was made redundant, since there is allot of E.U. funding out there for government grants relating to makings British homes more energy efficient.

What I have decided to do along with few other workers who were also made redundant, is to start up our own company, doing loft, wall insulation and draft proofing windows.

However we are hitting a brick wall with this, we just don't know how to apply for grants for people to have the work done for free.

I would be greatful if you could help us by letting us know how does this work. Do we go out to a property assess what needs doing and then the bill to the E.U and then do the work.

Or do we do the work and then bill the E.U.

Any information would be greatful such as any telephone numbers of people we can contact to find out how this grant system works.

Thanking you in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back