Loft insulation/ ceiling boarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all
I need to put the loft insulation (2 layers of 150mm loft roll) up and board the ceiling on my extension. Last time I did this it was chunky six inch joists so I put a layer of insulation over them then put more between the joists which tended to stay put so I could then board it.
This time it’s trusses so a lot smaller depth on the ceiling cord, just after some advice on how best to do it, can I put 2 layers laid across the Trusses and not have any between, leaving an air gap between ceiling board and insulation? Or am I best fitting each 6x3 board then put the insulation above it?
I’m sure trial and error will probably tell me but any advice welcome
Cheers

Sponsored Links
You can't leave a gap between your air barrier (ceiling pb) and your insulation layer. This can cause thermal bypass ie cold wind blowing on the warm side of your insulation.
Traditionally you would board then insulate but you can always hang it on nets or staple wire across or something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back