Loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plans that are passed define I use 100mm Glass Fibre in between the joists and overlay the joists with 150mm in the loft.

Firslty I hate using glass fibre (as I am sure you all do), and secondly I wish to put some floorboards up there for storage. ANyone know of a product or products I can use to achieve the same rating as using the 250mm of glass fibre but enabling me to put my floorboards down in some of the loft space (not all).

Please note I have downlighters in the ceiling as well so that needs to be taken into consideration.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
ce;otex or Kingspan have much hire insulation levels than fiberglass but you will pay for the fact 100mm kingspan will probebly come close to your 250mm (check out their website.
it wont account for heat loss through joists or gaps though which is why you insulate between and over
Rockwoll is equivelent to fiberglass but better to handel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back