Loft Ladder issue

lock the son up there. lol that made me laugh. no its me up here and the pool table is still here (was too big for them to take down) its the size of ur average pub pool table

Sponsored Links
any way before you think we are being unfair and picking on you 95% off "storage areas" in lofts are no more than boards on under strength timber

you havent answerd my question about joist spacings length off span and timber size
untill we know these measurement we cant give accurate help

people don't usually spend 5 or 6 thousand pounds part doing a loft conversion when for twice to 3 times the amount you can have a full conversion that will add 20 to 25.000 though to the house price

your snooker table could be in a safe area above 2 internal walls about 5 foot apart for example or even centrally over a wall
this dosn't mean the the floor in other areas is capable off taking any additional weight

I don't even want to provide advice on this thread anymore knowing that there will be a person (child) sleeping up in the loft from time to time with no suitable means of escape, warning or detection.

This is against the law, which can lead to fatalities!

Sponsored Links
I don't even want to provide advice on this thread anymore knowing that there will be a person (child) sleeping up in the loft from time to time with no suitable means of escape, warning or detection.

This is against the law, which can lead to fatalities!

whilst i whole heartedly agree with what you are saying
i think its better to remain involved trying to give a safe floor area and talk people out off dangerous practices where we can
we all know some people wont listen but others will
my concience wont allow me to walk away when someone is in danger :oops: :oops: :cry:

understand what ur all saying but let me clear things up. the loft is pretty much been converted. i think the joists are 400mm apart the size is around 13x17 of usable space. my kid doesnt sleep up here. his room is downstairs. i think the reason it wasnt "finished" was prob due to there being no place to get a staircase in the house that would work

i havnt avoided saying i sleep up here which for the record YES I SLEEP UP HERE. and i also havnt changed any story. when my son wakes up in the morning he crys untill someone goes into him like all babys. so i have to have a fast way of getting the ladders down so i can go into his room. nothing about changing any storys. i quite simply came here looking for some advice on how to raise and lower the ladder from my bedroom but all ive got to show for it is accusations. jesus talkabout a friendly helpfull forum.

think ill look elsewhere for a answer. good luck to any 1 else on here looking for help. sad.

jesus talkabout a friendly helpfull forum.

Erhhh it is and VERY informative. If you only provide half the story, then you will not seek the help from individuals who give up their free time to help members of the public. If you want, ask a Building Inspector?

think ill look elsewhere for a answer. good luck to any 1 else on here looking for help. sad.

Like you did on DIY Doctor?

i havnt avoided saying i sleep up here which for the record YES I SLEEP UP HERE. and i also havnt changed any story. when my son wakes up in the morning he crys untill someone goes into him like all babys. so i have to have a fast way of getting the ladders down so i can go into his room. nothing about changing any storys. i quite simply came here looking for some advice on how to raise and lower the ladder from my bedroom but all ive got to show for it is accusations. jesus talkabout a friendly helpfull forum.

Yea, I'd like to see you get out when the stairwell is full of smoke and you're kid is screaming in terror! Think about what you're doing Matt87! As mentioned have a word with Building Control or your insurance company and watch their faces turn to a look of horror! No-one will be interested in sorting your mad ladders notions as its supporting your suicidal living arrangement.

You can lead a horse to water ........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back