Loft/Roof Ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Our survey results came back when we bought our new house and suggested we needed ventilation in the loft. My first thought, is how can he say we need ventilation in there when the external wall is full of gaps and holes and causing some excellent ventilation (i jest)

What sort of ventialtion would people suggest? I was wondering if a couple of air bricks would do the trick? Its a single brick external wall.
The wall needs major repointing and rendering on the outside so thought it would be easy enough to pop a few air bricks in while this was being done.

Thoughts and comments gratefully received :eek:)

Sponsored Links
Certainly a few air bricks would ventilate your roof space Rob - but its more conventional to vent through the soffit where air flow can help dry any issues with damp rafters - maybe due to underfelt deterioration.
Better to get the air where its actually needed, I feel.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back