Loft socket - can I take a spur from THIS?

sanj.varah said:
while i can't condone such activities. Why don't you just do it and not notify?

I often think that I do a better job than most trades people because it is my house and I have to live in it.

While I appreciate that electricians have to go through city and guilds and exams XYZ to qualify, any tom dick and harry with half a brain could pass those exams in a week (and many do!), so in my humble opinion its not worth the paper its written on.

As an example, just hoovering up under floor joists - while this might sound trivial to some people, I value it. Also taking up enough floor boards to ensure the cables are clipped every 600mm and not just dangling along the plasterboard - takes time but I bet most of the qualified lot out there don't do it.

I guess this is opinionated and that was mine.

See You Next Tuesday!

While its admirable that you consider yourself more qualified and professional than an actual professional, I hate to inform you that tidiness/hoovering does not equal safety!

The reason he is asking is because he does not have the amazing knowledge that such expert DIYers as yourself posess, so is not confident in his abilities to just do it however he fancies and let the next person to own his home take the consequences on the chin.

Keep your dangerous "I fancy my chances" advice to yourself!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back