Log Cabin Door (moved from General)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just built my log cabin/gym/workshop. Scoping out internal walls and electrics now... Question is about the door. It's a simple door, top half georgian style 4 pane double glazed glass lower half wood. I'm thinking of two things:

1. Improving the door to reduce chances of dampness and draft
2. Improving security

I'm guessing if I put any sort of yale or number/deadlock a simple window smash will defeat it. So maybe replace the glass with wooden panels? Improved security all around

Sealing up any obvious cracks in the door is easy enough, but anything more I can do? It's pretty much the same as my main front door, so I'm guessing not much lost? Especially if I'm insulating the walls and roof.

Sponsored Links
what are the dimensions of the door? How thick is it? Were you able to lift it up and hang it unaided? What sort of hinges?

If you want a secure lock, you can't do better than a British Standard 3621 deadlock, available from about £25. The red-cased Union is good value. http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=bs+deadlock

Sponsored Links
It's 1800 X 700 X 45. Yeah I can lift it. They're hinges that are hidden in the door jam, not sure their technical name.

It's got a single Yale deadlock already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back