LOGIK LCHOBTC10 Built-in Ceramic Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive been looking for an induction hob for my new kitchen come across this one but cant find any power consmption details,(anyone know where to get them from?) from what i can gather off other posts you cant use diversity with these which may cause me a problem because ive got my oven running off it as well (2kw). could always spur off a socket for it though if needed.

thanks

Sponsored Links
ceramic use an electric element.

induction use a big powerful electromagnet and are very fussy over where they are fitted and what cookware you use.

ceramic = £££
induction = £££££££££££

Gas is better than both.

Sponsored Links
yes thanks steve just finished reading up off google about the different types... only thought there was 2 types of electric hob! (solid plate and induction) turns out theres 4 / 5 types.
i also noticed the difference in price as well!

i would of prefered a gas one but not got a gas pipe in so ill settle with the CERAMIC one.

the oven alone i could spur off a socket if the hob used too much of the cooker circuit..... any ideas how much power this ceramic hob uses?

The oven could connect to a socket if required.

As for the hob, they are usually around 6 or 7kW in total, although the actual operating load will be less because the elements won't all be on at the same time.

ceramic use an electric element.

induction use a big powerful electromagnet and are very fussy over where they are fitted and what cookware you use.

ceramic = £££
induction = £££££££££££

Gas is better than both.
Maybe gas is better but can't see why?
With old heating elements there was a problem in that the heat is stored to an extent in the hob so the control is slower, also the elements tend to be 2Kw so not that quick anyway but with induction these problems no longer exist the unit can deliver over 3Kw of heat and reacts quicker than gas as with gas there is a minimum heat or flame will go out but with induction it does not have that problem.

Also induction is far far safer the hob is only heated from pan so less likely to be badly burnt by touching it. It has a flat surface so pans are less likely to tip. It will auto shut down if mistakenly left on when you go away on holiday, It can be pre-set to rapid boil then auto reduce to simmer, If has no naked flames to set anything alight. Pan handles don't get as hot.

It also does not heat the kitchen as much so not slaving over hot stove. And is far easier to clean as it has smooth easy wipe surface and because cooler does not bake on spillages.

OK not all good I agree. Using a wok is far better on gas. And gas cooker can be used to light your fags. Pans on gas cookers can be lighter being made of Aluminium and even glass pans can be used. There are hot plates that can be used with induction but it rather defeats the whole idea so yes gas cookers can use cheap pans.

However I find the old "Bulldog" pan sets I used in the Scouts on camp fire some 40 years ago work OK on the induction hob. Although since coated in a zinc or lead mix to stop rusting I don't think I will bother using them! But they are about the cheapest pans I have ever bought.

As to supply we should follow manufactures recommendations and my Belling stand alone induction cooker says it is to be supplied with a 32A supply. Too big or too small could be a problem. Too big and a fault could cause damage before the supply opens we all realise that I hope. But too small is also a problem as many ovens and hobs have cooling fans and if the supply fails parts can over heat.

Odd though it may seem I see many people switching off the cooker on the isolator when cooking is complete but I have not noticed gas users switching off gas supply when cooking is complete even though gas is far more likely to escape than electricity.

We have the option for both gas and electric but having seen the horrific burns to a child when a pan was knocked off a gas cooker we considered it would not worth the risk. I want a total flat surface to hold the pan without any fear of it tipping and so also want a reasonable heavy pan not one where the slightest touch can send it spinning. So pans with composite iron and stainless bases to my thinking are safer than light Aluminium especially where the handles are heavy. Also with induction hobs there is no need for a single long handle to keep it cool so short handles or a pair of handles can be used as they don't get hot.

With the exception of cooking with a wok can't see why any domestic user would ever want gas?

ive been looking for an induction hob for my new kitchen come across this one but cant find any power consmption details,(anyone know where to get them from?) from what i can gather off other posts you cant use diversity with these which may cause me a problem because ive got my oven running off it as well (2kw). could always spur off a socket for it though if needed.

thanks
Hi I am new here and have just bought one of these hobs and want to fit a double oven underneath but the instalation instructions state a 5cm gap under the hob which means the oven will not fit in a standard carcass....Currys are useless and very unhelpful

Is this 5cm gap normal for elec hobs or have I got this wrong.
help and advice please

Cooling is complex. With a stand alone the manufacturer has control but with built in the carcase, oven, and hob could be three different manufactures and there is no real standard as to how hot the carcase is allowed to become or how much heat the carcase can stand or radiate.

Where the oven and hob are the same fuel there would be no point in built in units one would always use a stand alone so under an electric hob the manufacturer would expect to see a gas oven. Gas ovens may not have any fan cooling and although the induction hob would likely have cooling fans people have been know to switch off the power. In fact the daft council instructors employed to show my mother how to use the cooker actually told her to turn it off after use which would have caused gross overheating as the cooling fans would not work.

The whole idea of separate hob and oven is to lift oven to eye level no real point in mounting under an electric hob except if gas oven. With a stand alone electric cooker the oven is not limited to 13A mine has three elements top, bottom, and back (fan) which can be used together. With my mothers built in you can still select two elements but they time share and do not come on together. So the oven with a stand alone cooker is better than a built in oven with electric so it would be rather pointless to build in an electric oven below an induction hob.

So with an electric oven and an induction hob assuming the power is never removed so cooling fans will always work likely there would not be a problem. But one can't guarantee this so simple answer is not to fit a induction hob above a stand alone oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back