London police station besieged by gang supporters

If I was an armed police officer and was shot at, I'd aim for the heart straight away.

I'd rather kill than be killed. You only have a split second to react.

To many do gooders ruining this country.

Let the police do their job.

Sponsored Links
If I was an armed police officer and was shot at, I'd aim for the heart straight away.
If I was an armed police officer, I most certainly would NOT aim for the heart.

I would aim at his nuts, and start pulling the trigger as fast as I can; natural rise of the gun will take care of the rest. :evil:

In that case you would be acting contrary to your training and deployment instructions.

BUT, in this case they were officially planning to detain him, not specifically to shoot him ( which means dead ).

As a plan to detain him, they failed.

As the consequences of shooting him dead should have been pretty obvious to even a policemen, I would say that any benefits of shooting him were outweighed by the perhaps £25M-£35M of damage which was caused.

What I saw as particularly bad was that the police just stood around as the rioters were damaging property, looting and lighting fires. The only people arrested seem to be those grabbing a few things from the shops.

Even this morning there were still people looting from the shops in daylight with TV cameras recording them.

I can only guess the police thought that arresting the looters would bring them into being criticised for heavy handedness.

Seemingly after 2 nights of rioting with building being burned etc the locals say the improvements make the area look a lot nicer

Sponsored Links
In that case you would be acting contrary to your training and deployment instructions.
Tell me Tony, on a scale of 1 to 10, how high would you rate your knowledge of guns and your marksmanship?
What are the chances if you aimed a Glock between my eyes from a few car lengths away, that I would actually get a headache?

Something tells me that you know as much about guns as dhailsham knows about boilers.

Isn't it terrible? Older birds try to hump younger birds. :eek:
Does anyone still wonder whether or not there are too many shorthaired, whinging, plastic-earring-sporting women in the BBC? :rolleyes:
Might as well rename it The Truth. :evil:

Tell me Tony, on a scale of 1 to 10, how high would you rate your knowledge of guns and your marksmanship?

Probably at around a "1" as I have had little exposure to guns.

When I was about 12, I was very naughty and used my friends air rifle to shoot away a hung birdseed thing with the bird standing on it at about 14 feet. No bird was injured but just surprised when the seed swung away.

When I worked in the Gulf some guys had rifles and we used to shoot at beer cans on the beach. I was perhaps a tiny bit above average.

A friend lent me his shotgun and I tried a few shots at the rabbits in Cornwall but missed them. They seen to run off just as you take aim!

If its important for the man in the street ( Herbets to Tim ) then I had better do some target practice with my air rifle ! I also had an air pistol but that was stolen and many seem to be illegal now.

Are things so bad that RGIs need to prove competency with guns now?

I would say to those guys posting ridiculous, and pro-violence comments: Be careful for what you wish

I dont what anyone(and that includes the police) to carry guns...people tend to get shot...

all this right wing verbal diarrhea only serves to make the problem worse.

I am happy with police carrying guns in risky locations such as airports and as I discovered when guarding the homes of MPs.

But their success rate with arrests by armed officers have had such a high unintended kill rate, often on the wrong people that they should be banned in the current format.

The Brazilian was a prime example of someone who was not doing anything suspicious or acting in any way threateningly and yet he was still shot dead without any just cause. In spite of that the police involved were not even cautioned for a crime.

When I worked in the Gulf some guys had rifles and we used to shoot at beer cans on the beach. I was perhaps a tiny bit above average.

Self praise comes to mind. :rolleyes:

A friend lent me his shotgun and I tried a few shots at the rabbits in Cornwall but missed them. They seen to run off just as you take aim!
Hope it was on his land, otherwise you broke the law.
Oh! you don't aim a shotgun. :rolleyes:

If its important for the man in the street ( Herbets to Tim ) then I had better do some target practice with my air rifle !

Why bother if you are above average. ;)

Seems the 'looters' are talking about hitting Barnet later on today (facebook) , all the shopkeepers have shut up shop & the police are everywhere , now I live only a stones throw from barnet so better get prepared. :eek: :rolleyes: ....................mindless thugs that deserve shooting.............Barnet is about 7 miles from Tottenham.

Seems the 'looters' are talking about hitting Barnet later on today (facebook) , now I live only a stones throw from barnet so better get prepared. :eek: :rolleyes: ....................mindless thugs that deserve shooting.

I will be surprised if it doesnt get to Old Pond, Cheshunt. There's always trouble there especially when the nations football team get knocked out of something.
where are you ? you can't be far from me.

Cheshunt only being 10 odd miles from Tottenham you could be right. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back