london work

A company about two miles from me has got the solar work and have been asked to quote for the heating.their man is going to commision the houses when complete.We pressure test after first fix so if any problems later cn can only be due to follow on work by other trades.i have stipulated that i will not be returning for any works that were not in the original contract unless a suitable fee is agreed.The company partners want me to do the work due to local reputation.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find they expect aftersales but dont expect to pay extra for it.

LOL! i don't actually live in Brum but it's the closest thing it will let me choose. I'm Birmingham overspill and live in Tamworth, about 15 miles away!!

Very convenient for Drayton Manor then. I suppose even that is over run with the East Europeans now. On the Zoo Manager's door there is a notice: " Zoo manager, shy and rarely seen, eats nuts and leaves".

I met a very nice 2nd world builder today and agreed to go tomorrow to give a price for a bit of installation work.

Its bound to be too much for him but I think that he was impressed that I could fix the boiler his 2nd world installer could not !

Afterwards I went to have a drink with one of his 2nd world compatriots and ended up having to try to unblock her sink. All I got for that were two 40Es but then I could not get it unblocked without my tackle so I will have to go back tomorrow and see how I get on then.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you get the job, make sure that your tools and the pipe (If your responsibility) are well insured if working in Hackney :mad:

Slighty off topic a mate got a phone call the other day from local council.
Contractors falling behind on new heating installs and could he help out.
Rip out backboiler/cylinder and 6 rads.
Install combi and 6 rads and new pipework.
wait for it .

For the fantastic price of £450.........Hold me back :LOL: :LOL:

scary thing is people are obviously doing it for that price

Competition at bottom end of the market is steep.

The amount of people with lacking skills is still increasing, limitless money supply has changed back to normal conditions.
The result is that the vast majority of punters either want good quality (at a decent price) or simply the cheapest, in which case they don't get 2 quotes like pre-2008, but 20.
So now you can get ditch diggers for £300 a week and pipe slingers for £400 without searching very long.

Don't worry guys, those ultra cheap boilers flung on the wall by cowboys will need proper engineers to sort out the problems very soon.
Just smile when you realise we will earn more on the first repair than the cowboy made on the installation. :evil:
And who is likely to get the repeat business? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back