Long and Short GU10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've just removed the GU10 on the left and, on attempting to replace it with the GU10 on the right, I note that the original is a good 10mm longer ahan the new one. Of course the fitting is 100m deeper and I can't insert the bulb. If I did manage to insert the bulb, it would be so recessed as to cast a shadow.

Is there a name for these "long" and "short" versions of the bub? I feel like the longer ones are outdated, as I can't seem to find them any more.

How do I solve this? Must I replace my fittings?

Thanks.

1663710510451.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
God, I long for the days when everything was BC and power consumption was proportional to brightness.
Thanks, folks.

God, I long for the days when everything was BC and power consumption was proportional to brightness.
Thanks, folks.
I suppose a GU10 is a bayonet connector, although BA22d is the one most of us know. However yes I have a lot less hair after trying to get low wattage lamps to work, will not call them energy saving, as in doors in the main the heat produced is used, so only producing light is not saving energy.

When I first moved over, I needed to also change the room thermostat to a programmable type so the temperature would increase in the evening to compensate for not having the inferred from the lights.

The one which really caused me problems was the G9 lamp, would not switch off, and would have a shimmer when on when using an electronic switch. And the LED GU10 should have a dimple for the L2 holders so you can't fit quartz in them, but with most the dimple is missing.

Your original was a 3500k cfl lamp, mainly phased out now
Compact fleurescent lamp
Google, cfl gu10 led replacement

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back