Long hedgcutter?

Your probably right, but we don't like using ladders especially when we are getting tired at the end of a long day.
So its best not to use ladders at all, the pole saws go high enough for us.
What do u think of the harnesses? When I have extension my hedgecutter is really long and heavy. W

Sponsored Links
Didn't know the harness had a bit over the top lol thought it was like the strimmer one. Will look into it. Thxs
Stihl one hasn't but easy lift and elepant trunk2 have overhead support, the former has gas struts and are brilliant for heavier machinery.
The elephant trunk2 has a recoil balancing coil and shorter support tube which they say can be used off the ground . I have used the easy lift and it takes so much of weight it almost makes it a pleasure to go to work.

Sponsored Links
Stihl one hasn't but easy lift and elepant trunk2 have overhead support, the former has gas struts and are brilliant for heavier machinery.
The elephant trunk2 has a recoil balancing coil and shorter support tube which they say can be used off the ground . I have used the easy lift and it takes so much of weight it almost makes it a pleasure to go to work.

Sounds good for the back. I could use it on long hedgecutters, window cleaning pole And u did say u could use it on ladders. Do you have a link for your one?

Last edited:
I've never tried an easy lift harness, but have the elephants trunk for hedging, and often use it up a (tripod) ladder

I got the Stihl multi tool with extension so quite heavy and cumbersome
Your probably better off with the 2018 model 717A which has twin gas rams and nearly 180° side to side swivel, you can take one ram off to use lighter machines .The pre 2018 had. fixed boom which was easier to get caught up

I've never tried an easy lift harness, but have the elephants trunk for hedging, and often use it up a (tripod) ladder
Hi, my harness has had a run in with a tractor:( so just after your experience/ thoughts on your Gtm et , what machinery you've used it on, how much you use it ?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back