long wall, how many bricks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some experience here if anyone can help please!

Building a low supporting wall, 60m long. Going for the Flemish (?) bond, which I believe is 2 course of stretcher followed by 1 header, repeated.

If the walls 60m long and 1m high (form footings), how many bricks will I need. (Did that sound like a school maths question? Sorry!)

Trying to work out if its easier/cheaper using concrete panels faced with 1 row of bricks, or to build the whole wall from brick.

Thanks Guys.

Sponsored Links
Bloody hell ! are you building a Great Wall of China ? !!

If so, 60 metres long with brick (stretcher length brick + 10mm cement joints is 225mm) 266 bricks long and 1 metre high (brick height + 10mm cement joints is 75mm high) 13.3 bricks high.

Therefore 266 x 13.3 = 3537 bricks for a single walls or 7074 bricks for a double walls.

Am I really thinking you need 60 foot x 1 foot wall ?

NO! its deff 60m * 1m high.

Bit of a mammoth task, and not looking forward to it to be honest, but at least I know I can order the correct amount from the builders yard, rather than the usual over estimate I normally do!

Cheers Masona, appreciate the help!

Rob

Sponsored Links
They can work it out for you,they have a calulation charts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back