Longest flu length possible on a normal boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to move and replace my old boiler.

Where I would want to resite the boiler is 3m from the external wall.

It is a normal boiler not an on demand one. Can I get a flu to run that long please? I have heared of flu's with fans?

Any help welcome. Ta. Scott

Sponsored Links
You dont apparently realise that for us to give you any meanful answer you need to quote the boiler make and model.

In that case you should engage a competent CORGI registered boiler engineer to advise you.

Its not usually sensible to move a boiler more than four years old.

Most modern boilers can accommodate 3 m flue length but that depends on the exact model chosen.

Tony

thanks Tony.

At least now know its an option as I will be getting a new boiler.

I did not mention that the maximum permitted flue length must be calculated by taking into account any bends involved.

Generally a 90° bend counts as 0.9m so any bends seriously reduce the maximum length achievable.

Each individual model has its own maximum length so a 30kW will be different from a 24 kW of the same general make and model.

Tony

Sponsored Links
scotster said:
Virtually any new boiler will be able to flue 3 metres horizontally.

scotster said:

Where I would want to resite the boiler is 3m from the external wall.

It is a normal boiler not an on demand one. Can I get a flu to run that long please? I have heared of flu's with fans?

Any help welcome. Ta. Scott

Consult Manufacturers instructions.If you don`t have them,ring the maker of your boiler. Don`t remove or reposition it before.

Does your boiler have a 4 or 5" round flue terminal, or is it about 9-12" square?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back