boiler flu installation, has it been done correctly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently our back boiler failed it's yearly service due to a carbon monoxide leak, this was traced to the flu and a quotation was done to replace the old flu with a new one.

since having the new plastic flu installed I have today just watched an episode of dragons den which showed a grommet that had been designed to comply with the new building regulations which says all pipes passing through the wall must be sealed etc.

would I be right in saying that the new flu should be sealed with a grommet as I can't see one and I just want to know before I call them and request that they return they I am right?

Regards Daniel

Sponsored Links
It's a flue. Flu is a disease. I suspect the grommet you're talking about is a Flue Snug. They aren't a requirement, they're just one way of complying with Building Regs, and in any case aren't relevant if you're just replacing a flue.

I'd be more concerned about a back boiler having a plastic flue attached to it. What boiler make/model is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back