how can i fix my flu that has been installed wrong

OP hasn't said it is a Linea HE so I am assuming it is a SE Linea.

Sponsored Links
Non condensing boiler flues should always slope away from the boiler. The easiest way is to core a new hole above and get an extension for the flue (from the boiler spigot up to the elbow). Hopefully flue parts will still be available. Make sure a mini spirit level is used on the core drill extension to ensure correct hole alignment.

Obviously this must be carried out by a registered installer. Make sure restrictor ring neccesity is checked with the longer flue lenght.

Many condensing flues are installed dead horizontal (if the flue is relatively short) since the inner duct has the gradient back to the boiler built in); although some boilers will have the flue sloping towards the boiler especially on longer lenghts.

What is your wall made of?

The usual solution would be to remove the flue and then enlarge the hole in the required direction. This often has to be done by hand with a hammer and chisel which can be quite labour intensive.

The flue should only usually protrude about 30-100 mm from the wall.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Point of information please (I know nothing :oops: )

Couldn't you put a downward-facing bend on the outside end to keep the rain out?

Nope..only manufacturers approved parts can be fitted...and they don't do bends to allow for numpty installers. And no "rain shields" over the top either.

so what do you do in a site exposed to driving rain :confused:

JD the simple answer.
fit the flue correctly in the first place. one would assume the millions the manufactures spend on research and development takes this into consideration.thats why RGIs follow the manufactures instructions when fitting boilers etc. so any changes by the manufactures are picked up at this point. which in turn then complies with the regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back