Vaillant ecotec plus 615 issues - caught b/w Vaillant & Installer

There are so many issues and things that are missed, I am surprised this guy is still being allowed to look at the boiler

1. Leaking flue should be looked at immediate and appliance not used until flue secure. The flue clamps have two holes- take it supplied screws were fitted so that clamp would not come apart. Does the flue have stipulated slope in it? Take it the entire flue length is properly supported. Is the 5 meters of flue straight run or are additional elbows fitted in line

5. Chemical flush can take several days to suspend the system debris for final removal, which itself warrants several flushes. To use a chemical to clean the system, then not remove it as per the manufacturers instruction- well might as well not do the chemical cleanse as will not make any difference. Some chemicals if left in the system, will cause problems not dissimilar to your issues. If pipe sizes are a problem, if I was the customer, I would have expected to be told beforehand, not afterwords. Where there issues with previous boiler?

6. If he is not registered, he cannot fit a gas appliance. If someone else signs his work, he is also leaving himself open for prosecution.

I would approach the guy who signed the work off and talk to him. If no joy, I would be talking to gas safe as there are some basic safety issues with flue system. It is better him reported for unsafe work practice than him killing someone

I do not know what made you go with this lot for boiler replacement, but if it was based on the cheapest bottom line and no additional research, then you have got what you expected- cheap and nasty installation.

Final thing you have to ask yourself, when the boiler breaks down, are you going to get this installer back to effect repairs? If yes, and he needs technical advice from Vaillant, how is he going to get it with a Gas Safe number

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've seen gas valve probs on the MK2 Vaillant ecoTEC, just to add to the posts. Sometimes Tony overstates his experience. That could be an understatement.

It "could" be down to the system water or it "could" be down to gas settings needing changed by vaillant.

No one on here can tell you what one it is because they have not heard it themselves while testing.

It is incredibly rare for the gas valve it's self to need adjustment on this model, even after replacement, there are however either factors that come into play than simply screwing a screw in and out on the valve to stop noise issues.

That water as said is no good and has not been flushed correctly, sediment or not it's no use and needs fully flushed (which does not mean necessarily power flushing) approved inhibitor from reputable companies is colourless, and there for would come out similar to tap water on an installation that age if it was done correctly.

Get vaillant back for the noise issue, but not before getting it correctly flushed and ideally taking a video on you phone of the boiler making the noise with the screen clearly lit and displayed, that will likely be more than enough for the vaillant man to have a good educated guess for the source of the noise (which by the way should not be happening)

Without seeing it we don't know what you problem is.

I have not read the previous thread.

Its rare for gas valves to need changing. When they are the combustion needs to be set up properly.

Tony
On a 2015 ecotec it is very common to need a new gas valve
Think they my even be non adjustable.
Some adjustment can be made electronically I believe

That water quality is poor can't blame Vaillant for walking from that

Sponsored Links
I don't think Agile will post any more regarding this thread , as we all know he'll hope it gets buried sharpish.:rolleyes:;)

None of us know what is wrong.

One of the installers says it is the gas setting.

The Vaillant engineer said it was caused by the water quality. Perhaps that was not really the truth and he just did not want to repair a boiler with such dirty water.

With a 5m long flue many boilers need a combustion tweek.

With a leaking inner seal many boilers would work better with a combustion tweek.

I think that the owner has confusingly said the new gas valve was fitted by the installer and also by the Vaillant engineer between his two threads.

That's why people should stick to just one thread when talking about one installation.

Tony

With a leaking inner seal many boilers would work better with a combustion tweek.

Raising or lowering CO2%?....now tread very carefully here Tony as a few professionals are looking in with regard to this thread.....:)

Low O2 85??:eek:..is that what Tony was getting at???

Another keyboard fooked...:ROFLMAO:

Low O2 85??:eek:..is that what Tony was getting at???

Another keyboard fooked...:ROFLMAO:
Maybe I've misunderstood
I thought he was implying it should be set fuel lean to try and cut the high co low o2 that would be caused by recirculation.

Next time I service/repair an appliance on a B23 chimney system with a perforated flue I guess a tweek to offset/throttle will be the way to go....:censored:

Maybe I've misunderstood
I thought he was implying it should be set fuel lean to try and cut the high co low o2 that would be caused by recirculation.
Yes I think you're right 85 , although let's hope he doesn't lower O2%;)
I honestly can't believe what he is thinking..jeez

Hang the shovel up Mr Glazier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back