Look what the angle grinder did to my pipe work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG-20210330-WA0001.jpg
View attachment 228725
IMG-20210330-WA0000.jpg
Guys look what the angle grinder did to my pipework, how on earth am I going to fix it .

The white bend doesn't seem to move and it looks like I need blow torch the copper pipe .

Is there an easy way out of this

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry but angle grinders don`t do that on their own, what were you doing anyway and hope you have deep joists to take those notches. White pipe is solvent weld so dead easy to cut n join, copper pipes can be fixed with a slip coupling.

Angle grinder to lift floorboards? Really? Esp a board where tongue was probably snapped off to fit the pipes in the first place.
Anyway...copper first. Best fix is cut the raggy bit out, solder new copper in. You might have the depth for pushfit couplers- buy one and try it. If you do have the depth you'll need 1 std coupler and 1 slip coupler and maybe s short length of tube.
Placcie- looks like solvent weld. Again cut out raggy bit, buy length of right sized solvent weld pipe, a straight coupler, a swept elbow and some solvent. Cut to length, fit.

Sponsored Links
Huh? I can't make any sense of this thread. Anyone know what the grinder was used for and/or what damage it has allegedly done?

Hi guys so I've been shopping here are my purchases
IMG-20210331-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210331-WA0001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20210331-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210331-WA0001.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 33
This is the leak I have and the bathroom , the reason my angle grinder took to the floorboards was to try and fund out whee it was coming from
IMG-20210331-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210331-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210331-WA0002.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back