Looking at changing my thermostat, advice please!

It seems voice of experience means zilch. OP you do what you like, listen to Dan R, you will not be disappointed- get my drift?:cautious:
I appreciate what Dan R is saying, but your saying the voice of experience! So the guys here that have Hive and are happy with what it does, is that not the voice of experience as well? I understand that the other route maybe better but that's like saying don't buy a Ford because an Audi is far better surely, all I'm looking for at the mo is the ability to turn the heating on when I'm getting ready to leave somewhere with my wife and that would help a lot! I understand the other route will do loads more but it also costs loads more as well which as a Fulltime Carer for my wife is money I don't have! So for to turn round and say your statement is rather unfair! "Do what you like" All I came here for is bit of friendly advice which because I can't go the route that Dan R says so I keep getting slated by a few! Jeepers I could have gone on Facebook and got ridiculed! Thanks chap you've made my Sunday!

Difference is us heating engineers have far better experience of other peripherals unlike the end user who only has one item to base his recommendation on

Sponsored Links
However Hive does what I wanted it for, ie the ability to switch the heating on when I leave work at random times of day and

In that case would a unit that switches the heating on depending your GPS proximity to your abode not be the preferable one?

If it helps, I've taken more Hives out due to customers not getting on with them than I've put in. Nest seems to be the control of choice, in my area at least.

Sponsored Links
However Hive does what I wanted it for, ie the ability to switch the heating on when I leave work at random times of day and

In that case would a unit that switches the heating on depending your GPS proximity to your abode not be the preferable one?

No, unfortunately that wouldn't work for me. Sometimes I'm at a house nearby, sometimes I'm leaving work 25 miles away, sometimes I'm driving past my street but don't want the heating on.

I understand all the points made and don't wish to disagree with anyone, but I'm giving the OP my personal experience with Hive, which is that I find it really handy and easy to use, and it hasn't let me down since it was fitted. I believe the OP requires a similarly simple setup without spending a fortune.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back