Looking for a 4-wire smoke alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am trying to find a smoke (or smoke and CO) alarm to go with my current set-up.
I have shown a photo of the connector on the ceiling. As you can see, there are 4 wires there. I assume there is an alarm out there with 4 wires coming out to install here?
When I Google, I only find ones with connecters to simply plug in (they also seem to have only 3 wires).

So do you have any recommendations for me?

Sorry about my ignorance on the subject.
Please help.
Thanks

Attachments

• show.jpeg
    show.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
What is the current alarm? What location? Aico do a heat and carbon alarm, but mostly suited to kitchens. I think the 4 wires might be interconnecting, Aico support these.

Actually I have 3 of these on the landings of the three floors.
I showed the 3rd floor landing celling on the photo.
Currently they are disconnected and I have battery operated Fire Angels in operation in these places. But I hate those, as they beep for no reason and no amount of vacuuming sorts that out. So my plan is to replace those with the mains units as the wiring is already in place.

Any model number of Aicos I should look for?
Thanks CBW.

That’s 240 v smoke alarm with interlink …..live , neutral, earth and interlink ….I would go with AICO as a brand ….you will have to isolate the mains power before wiring these in

Sponsored Links
Aico do those I just checked. But these require only 3 wired connections. I assume that the interconnector (yellow) can be made redundant as the alarms will be interconnected wireless.

No one can confirm as it’s up to you to check ….we can assume the yellow is interconnect but best practice is to confirm that red is live and blue neutral with a multimeter

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The fourth wire (green/yellow) is an earth wire which wouldn't normally be connected to the smoke detector. So the 3 wire ones will probably be okay.

The fourth wire (green/yellow) is an earth wire which wouldn't normally be connected to the smoke detector. So the 3 wire ones will probably be okay.
Aico provide you with an earth (parking) terminal, probably for continuity.

The optical one will be ok, but it has a 9v replaceable battery (backup), so perhaps a rechargeable li-ion one might be better?
:oops: Already ordered. So I will have to replace batteries as and when. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back