Looking for a faceplate with 2 x F sockets and a UHF socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Is there such a thing as a face plate that presents 2 x F sockets (for satellite connection) and a traditional UHF TV socket?

I was sure I had one in a place we rented a couple of years back and had our electrician run the cables around a new extension to present on such a plate, but he's unable to find one.

My googling isn't turning anything up, either, which means that either;

a) My terminology is incorrect
or
b) I'm imagining it and no such thing exists

Thoughts?
Cheers
Scott

Sponsored Links
MK do a number of combination plates, including one almost half the size of a barn door with 13A sockets and all manner of holes.

Or google for 'euromodule' - there are lots of makes with things which fit into faceplates - the ones you want take up 1 module width, most faceplates are 2 or 4 (or larger). Maybe there are 3-module ones. If not, you can put a blanking plate in, or something which might be useful, like a phone socket or an 8P8C.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUADPLEXED-SKY-SATELLITE-TV-DAB-AERIAL-WALL-SOCKET-/190882898371
Perfect! As they say up here, "that'll dae me"!

Cheers - will pass this onto the spark-with-no-google :LOL:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I think the plate linked to above is expecting a multiplexed signal on one or two cables, and the plate splits the signal into the various outlets on the front.

If you have three cables providing the three separate signals, then you could build your own outlet using a euro plate and euro modules.

Most accessory manufacturers have euro plates in their range to match your existing sockets, and then you can use euro modules from any manufacturer you like.

I think the plate linked to above is expecting a multiplexed signal on one or two cables
One, I suspect:

PLEASE NOTE

TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A SUITABLE COMBINER DISTRIBUTION AMPLIFIER, AVAILABLE IN OUR EBAY STORE

That one will use TWO cables. Cable one will bring one sat, plus TV & FM/DAB, to a splitter behind the plate. Sat2 will be a direct connection (no mux) to provide the second sat connection.
That is the norm for plates with that combination of outlets.

You can use a passive combiner such as this one if you only want one outlet. But if you want feeds to multiple rooms, then you would probably want a combiner/amplifier in the attic (or wherever you are cabled from).

But if you've pulled in 3 cables, then you may want plain sockets. In which case you can assemble what you want from parts (as others say, look up "Euromod"). While you can get 1/2 module inserts with a single F connector, it means you'll need 1 1/2 modules which requires a double faceplate to get the width. With a little DIY, you can fit two F connectors on a single 1/2 module blank plate.
as described part way down this page. BTW - really, really do take note of his comment that you need deep boxes to do this. You have the depth of (part of) the connector barrel plus the F connector plus space to bend the cable without damaging it. Behind the fitting I've shown above is a 47mm deep backbox which I reckon doesn't really leave a lot of spare room.

BTW - a full Euromod module is 50mm x 50mm. A lot of modules are only 25mm wide which is half a module. You can get 1/2 and 1/4 width blank plates (as well as full width), so if fitting 3off 1/2 modules into a double faceplate, you can either put the blanks at either end, or between the modules, for a balanced look. For those of us with OCD about symmetry and neat fittings - people laugh at me taking a spirit level to fittings :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back