Looking for a recommendation

D

DeltaT2

We have a customer that would like to control their central heating via the phone line, this would enable them to switch on their Central Heating remotely. This I understand would require a modem. Does anyone have a recommended control system that would do this? The house controls are very simple 'on/off' type, with 230Vac stats etc.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Interesting links, Jim, thanks for posting them.

Kits are made by Velleman, so you know they will be good quality. Note they are self-assembly kits, so you need to be proficient at soldering on PCBs. Not difficult to put together if you are though.

The mobile kit is very clever, but could easily be triggered by cold calls or wrong numbers. The landline kit looks much more versatile and although more expensive, better value.

But these kits, by their very nature, aren't finished products, and may require a bit of "tinkering" to get to work satisfactorily in a particular application.

C.

Thanks Jim, however, I was looking for something a bit more 'plug-in & play'. But I shall contact the supplier you linked & see if they supply assembled.
Cheers mate

Sponsored Links
Aye Jim, there's no much ye canna get doon the Barras............AIDS, Crabs, Yellow Fever, any STD & Small Pox!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back