Looking for a router.......

No problem JAK. I've got a couple of small Trend gadgets and had no problems with them. I'll contact them Monday morning and explain whats happening.
Big-all & Notch, yes was taking it gently going shallow and it was no problem on the scrap piece. Came to do it on the project piece and it cut one slot then died halfway along the first cut on the second slot. Hadn't worked it hard enough to get over heated, it just suddenly slowed down and, (I thought), stopped. Left it for a few minutes and just tried it in the air and it did the same. Thats when I noticed it doesn't stop completely but slows down to less than 100rpm While it was doing this I touched it with a bit of cardboard and it stopped but then carried on at the slow speed when I removed the cardboard. Pretty certain it will be the speed control as if it was the brushes it probably wouldn't get up to speed to begin with and a thermal cut-out usually starts it up again if left switched on. Been out swimming for a couple of hours and tried it when I came home. Still the same. :(

Sponsored Links
Old router picked up FOC yesterday and new one delivered today.
Now thats what I call service! Will have a play with the new one over the weekend but I'm sure it will be fine.
Thanks JAK for the recommendation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back