Under table router.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Charnwood table top router table, (bought as a present without asking first), but my router, (which will fit the table), has to be operated by a safety button and hold down trigger switch. So I am actually unable to use the set up without breaking a few safety regs, (such as tie wrapping the switch on and simply using the socket switch as suggested by a mate), which means I am now on the lookout for a suitable router that can be mounted under the table with an on/off switch that is operated at the side.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
But I would still need to hold the trigger in somehow on my current one.

Sponsored Links
But I would still need to hold the trigger in somehow on my current one.
Yes indeed, usually a cable tie does the job.

although that may seem dangerous, if it’s only plugged through a NVR switch, the router can only be switched on when you operate the switch - and doing so your hands are nowhere near the router or cutter.

As Notch says: it is safe having the machine cable tided on if a NVR switch is used.

if it’s only plugged through a NVR switch, the router can only be switched on when you operate the switch - and doing so your hands are nowhere near the router or cutter.
Well, one of them isnt.

Sounds like you need an NOVR switch together with a router which has a lockin on slide switch. Routers that spring to mind include the deWalt DW625, deWalt DW615, Trend T10, Trend T11 and (I think) the Trend T5 which all have lock-on slide power switches

The only (expensive) alternative that comes to mind is the Sauter router motor. I believe that Rutlands sell the same router under their own name.

Decided to go with one of these;

NVR Switch 230V 1ph E Stop | Axminster Tools

For now I can either bypass the hold down switch, (which would be a faff to swap back if I want to use it hand held), or use the tie wrap.

Thanks for the replies guys. Got something to mull over for future use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back