Looking for a safe loft access catch.

BML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a push up and release loft access catch fitted many years ago and recently it failed twice and we found the loft access panel had dropped. If that had happened as someone was walking up the passage it would have at least knocked the person out.

I would like to fit a catch which is activated by holding the access panel in place and twisting the locking device so it rests on a secure fitting.

Do such catches exist?

Sponsored Links
If it's a catch you're looking for, the fanlight catch is better. Easily operated with your hooked pole, and the working parts are metal, not plastic.

Also available in silver and white. The white will probably tone better with your ceiling paint.

Sponsored Links
upload_2020-12-2_23-16-0.png

I found this loft access lock on the Internet and bought it but no paperwork or instructions were sent with it and I've lost the digital recording of the ordering process so can't ask the sender. Can anyone share such detail with me. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back