Looking for a valve key

4 Jan 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a 'Y' or 'X' shaped key with different sockets on each leg to fit drain cocks, central heating pump valves, and sometimes, rad valves or gate valves when the knob/handle is missing. I can't find anything on Screwfix, and the one I bought from B&Q doesn't fit anything (even though it says drain cocks). Please can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
No, I didn't, HarrogateGas. This is one of those grey areas where I wasn't sure where to post. If I posted on "Tools" I'm sure someone would say: "Have you tried Plumbing?" (since it is about a specific plumbing tool).

I elected for "Plumbing" on the supposition that most of the contributors would be plumbers (and therefore have an answer), whereas only a small percentage of the "Tools" contributors would know about plumbing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links