Looking for an apprentice vacancy in NW

Hi Nick,

I wish you every good luck, you sound as if you deserve it. Have you considered applying to a heating manufacturer for work in sales, servicing or technical advice?

Sponsored Links
tony what you are saying is ridiculous

1) manchester is in parts deprived (just like peckam etc etc)
2) many of your ex bbc colleagues have lined my pockets since moving to salford
3)cheshire is probably pound for pound much richer than most of london (except maybe central and west london)
4) because of cheaper prop prices in general people up here have more spare cash

I dont disagree with those four points.

What you did not mention is that its generally considered there are few job opportunities in heating in Manch.

Those that are will be based on subsistance charges!

Even Iron Naz, 130 miles further south who was going to rid Cov of all the cowboys, found his "reasonable" prices for fitting a bathroom suite ( £130 ? ) were too high for that area!

The BBC move to Salford was not what most of the staff wanted. The BBC spent a fortune on travelling costs for those who would not move and driving VIPs from London! I seem to remember their boss was less that definate when asked if he was also moving home!

tony what you are saying is ridiculous

1) manchester is in parts deprived (just like peckam etc etc)
2) many of your ex bbc colleagues have lined my pockets since moving to salford
3)cheshire is probably pound for pound much richer than most of london (except maybe central and west london)
4) because of cheaper prop prices in general people up here have more spare cash

I dont disagree with those four points.

What you did not mention is that its generally considered there are few job opportunities in heating in Manch.

Those that are will be based on subsistance charges!

Even Iron Naz, 130 miles further south who was going to rid Cov of all the cowboys, found his "reasonable" prices for fitting a bathroom suite ( £130 ? ) were too high for that area!

The BBC move to Salford was not what most of the staff wanted. The BBC spent a fortune on travelling costs for those who would not move and driving VIPs from London! I seem to remember their boss was less that definate when asked if he was also moving home!

what is subsistence charge ??
i would hazard a guess that the ratio of heating engineers to populus in mancheaster/northwest would be similar to london ?
iron naz is not a heating engineer-isn t he from yorkshire (east of m/cr not south)
this is a poor comparison, its like me saying someone in norfolk wont pay more than 130 for a bathroom comapared to landan.

i earn agood crust pal, haven t done a bathroom for less than £750 for years. haven t fitted a combi-combi swap (WB) for less than £1700 for years, many are far more.

get out of yer bubble tony and stop listening to iron naz pal ! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back