Looking for blog ideas for an electrical company?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for any blog ideas I could write for my website, we already have quite a few so from my point of view I'm all out!

Ideally these would involve some of my key areas like LED lights or EV charging.

Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
The first few on there are written entirely about USA electrical installations. Suggest you delete those and rewrite for the UK market.

Hi,

Your blog entries appear to be some interesting information pieces, but there are no pieces about the company.

Why not have some entries about the work you are currently doing that you are proud of, before and after pics etc.
...and of course, you must come across some pretty dodgy electrics along the way - those stories are always popular! ;)

Is there anything you, or your colleagues are doing that is noteworthy - charity work etc?

So, I would say add some more personal posts from you and your colleagues about the work you do!

I hope that make sense! :)

Thanks for that feedback, we actually used an outside source for those 2 blogs so that may be why the terminology and direction is more US based. I will address this immediately.

Sponsored Links
One of the challenges of off the shelf websites is that a lot of the photos etc are from stock, so the prospective customer isn't getting any actual information to help make a decision whether to hire you.

Also you are referred to as Mark Thorley and Mark Thornley on different web pages, it always helps to thoroughly spell check.

Good luck!

Blup

Reduce word count by a lot. My quick go, for example suggest you Change

At MT Electrical, our experienced domestic and commercial electricians in Burton upon Trent can provide electrical services for residential properties or business premises. Our priority is to provide you, the customer, with the best level of electrical services in Burton upon Trent and across the Midlands.

To

MT Electrical has experienced domestic and commercial electricians for both residential properties and business premises.

Our priority is to provide the best electrical services in Burton upon Trent and across the Midlands.

You also you repeat entire paragraphs in later sections that should be removed.

Last edited:
"Electricians in Burton upon Trent near Derby in the Midlands"

Anybody in Burton on Trent already knows where it is.

Also, unless their memory is very bad, they don't need to be reminded where they live in both the next two sentences.

I think "residential properties" are what humans call "homes"

Take out as many of the four-syllable and three-syllable words as you can.

Read it out loud. Nobody talks like that.

if you had this made for you, i suspect a lot of key words have been added and the assumption is it will get more google hits, and rating - not always the case , in some case google can de-rate a sites ranking. Hence why it can read so poorly

I know in the late 90's when i was involved in managing a few website projects - we used a lot of tricks to get search engines to find the site, like white text on a white background, which was often used with just a list of keywords repeated over and over again pretty much on every page.

Blogs/Reviews/etc are all often just there to help a rating, and its pretty obvious its not the content for the viewer convenance & info
so do be careful, you dont actually turn customers away , with a poor site

if you are going to have facebook/instagram/twitter etc, keep it upto date, Oct 2020 as its now very old info

anyway my 2pennies worth

As Flameport says, get rid of the foreign stuff.
Quite frankly, if I were looking for an electrician, I'd look at that site and make assumptions about your competence - not the assumptions you'd like me to make. Then there's things like one blogs saying rubber gloves aren't insulating, and another that says to always wear rubber gloves when doing anything electrical.
As for the "myths about lecky", I'm not going to start on how much rubbish is on there - there just aren't the hours in the day.
So, all in all I'd assume the whole site was a load of bol.... rubbish, that none of the photos were of your own work, and question your honesty.

If you paid someone to build that site for you, "you were done" :rolleyes:

I agree with Simon, your website is not doing a good job of selling you. In fact I would have to go further than that, I conclude that either you aren't a competant UK electrician or you allowed content to go live on your site without ever actually looking at it!

Without even looking at your blog, the first thing I notice is that you have illustrated "Domestic and Commercial Rewires, Fuse Board Upgrades & Fixed Wire Testing" with a german socket, aren't you supposed to be UK electricians?! and an incandescent light bulb for "Emergency Light Testing and Low Energy Lighting Installation" WTF?! The picture at the top of your home page looks like some kind of distribution unit but not a type that is in any way common in the UK.

Then I look further down the homepage and see a set of cutters without safety-rated insulation on the handles and a cable that either dates from the 1960s or is not british.

Then you look at the Blog, it's dire the first article is about "preparing you home for an electrical inspection", we don't have electrical inspections in the form described in that article in the UK! Most of the terminlogy seems American though someone seems to have inserted the words local-council in there in a failed attempt to make it look more british. The other articles I've looked at don't seem much better.

And WTF is that picture at the bottom?! did someone lose their multimeter leads and thing they could replace them with wires stuffed into the terminals?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back