Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I looking for advice for a new compressor
I have been looking at this one

http://www.screwfix.com/p/impax-zbw60b-2-24-24ltr-compressor-230v/27926

The main use will be for a framing nailer and also a 18g brad nailer
I'm also thinking of maybe getting a air drill
Most of its use will be in my home workshop and very occasionally to build stud walling ?

I'm obviously on a budget but any advice apriciated

Sponsored Links
I can't comment on the air consumption of those various tools, but oversize the compressor output if you can......maybe Machine Mart could help with that, and you can actually see the compressor in question.
John :)

I think the output would be ok as my air nailers only need air in short bursts so the pressure is more important and that looks fine maybe an air drill would need more cfm i also didn't want something that was to heavy to move about if needed I was more thinking about the make reliability aspect for the money and if there is other recomended budget compressors out ther at around the £100 mark

At £100 they will all be one of a few generic Chinese made models with different badges on. If the reviews are good it's worth a punt for light use but don't expect anything at that price to stand up to years of heavy use.

Sponsored Links
Had that Impax one for nearly a year now and it's been perfectly ok for most uses, although it doesn't get used as a trade tool.

Better quality than a previous SIP compressor, and the 'measured' air gauge works surprisingly well compared with previous low cost models.

Worth a go at £80 imo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back