Looking for pricing advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Ive been asked to quote to redo a bathroom and i need a little help on pricing for a tiler, as i take to long.

Its an average size bathroom, i dont i have the dimensions im afraid.

He wants the walls completely tiled and the floor, i will do the prep, walls will be smooth, floor reinforced etc.

So what i need is a price on someone to come in and just do the tiling.

What sort of prices and i looking at? just a rough price.

Hampshire area.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I've just had my bathroom tiled and all the quotes were about £30 per metre.

Hope that helps.

Andy

I had 18 sq metres to be tiled which works out to be £540, he quoted me £550 which included adhesive.

The work was spot on, no complaints. I was very pleased with the out come.

Tiling is a job for a tiler and not a builder/handyman.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I had 18 sq metres to be tiled which works out to be £540, he quoted me £550 which included adhesive.

The work was spot on, no complaints. I was very pleased with the out come.

Tiling is a job for a tiler and not a builder/handyman.

Andy

ok thanks, thats why im not doing it myself!

ive roughly worked out the bathroom to be 28 sq meters.

complete floor and all the walls, ceiling to floor, sound about right everyone?

If you’re inexperienced at “subbing it out” then be very sure that whoever does the work knows exactly what they are about with prep & materials, especially over a suspended timber floor; make sure they will guarantee their work, otherwise the “job” could come back & bite you on the asre!

Alternatively post here what their spec is ;)

If you’re inexperienced at “subbing it out” then be very sure that whoever does the work knows exactly what they are about with prep & materials, especially over a suspended timber floor; make sure they will guarantee their work, otherwise the “job” could come back & bite you on the asre!

Alternatively post here what their spec is ;)

Their spec? Whos spec?

I asked when I visited what tiles they wanted, natural stone, porcelain etc, but they didn't know.

So I have said in my quote that due to not knowing the spec, I could only estimate.

Their spec? Whos spec?
Whoever wants the tiling done? :confused:

I asked when I visited what tiles they wanted, natural stone, porcelain etc, but they didn't know.
You can’t estimate even a fix price without knowing what tiles they want, what materials you need & how much cutting is involved, hence the huge price range per sq/mt for fix!

So I have said in my quote that due to not knowing the spec, I could only estimate.
Best withhold your quote until you know exactly what they want. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back