looking for triple Dry lining box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to use some triple sockets but can't find any 3way Appleby dry lining boxes. Is there such a thing or do I have to use a metal pattress box?

Sponsored Links
Is there a reason behind using 3 gang 13A plate?
This would restrict you to maximum load of 13A for the whole 3 outlets
On the boxes I have linked, you can install one double and a single gang.
And providing the circuit is designed correctly a greater demand would be offered.
Please be aware that there are regulation/requirements of extending/spurring of socket outlets and permitted safe routes of cable plus they must now have 30mA RCD protection if being used by ordinary persons (not that I am suggesting you are ordinary) but it is the term used.

Sponsored Links
30mA RCD is integral to the consumer unit. I plan on fitting 6 of these 3 gang sockets in a single bedroom sized office - half above desk and half below desk.
Not too bothered about building regs so long as not inherently unsafe. I plan on a demolishing the whole area and having a proper extension professionally built in about 4 years.

Well you are breaking the law then, I am not saying you need to notify the work just to comply to the regulations.
And the building regulations are there to prevent any unsafe installations.
It's not rocket science my friend to do a little reading in to permitted safe zones, chasing depths, holing of joists and the connection/terminations of cables, where and how any unaccessible joints can be made.
If we really went down the safety road, if you have not got approved testing equipment, to test your work against and document them for the permitted values for circuits and breaker type. You could never prove it is safe!

Therefore for sake of yourself, family, friends, neighbours, any pets or animals, I would stop now! because it does sound to me like you lack a little understanding in the task you are taking on and do not care enough to prevent any potential hazards that maybe introduced by your work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back