Looking for ways to maintain notifications from a Risco GT-600 after move to fibre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My folks recently moved to a fibre connection, and didn't realise their alarm system would then no longer be able to call them.

I don't really know anything about alarm systems (in my own home rely on internet-connected cameras) - but looking at the box there's a panel that Google images says is a GT-600. It seems to have something called vo-comm that they set their number on.

I've set them up with an ATA, but I've read that these don't work with vocom systems (though I can't ever see it explained why - doesn't it just use tone dialling?).

I've read there are ESP32/home assistant integrations with Honeywell alarms, but I've not seen anything like that for Risco GT600.

Is the only option for them to just upgrade the system?

Sponsored Links
No - there's no landline now. They were on TalkTalk but the landline number was tied to their broadband contract. That's now been ported over to a VoIP with an ATA to adapt their old DECT phone.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I see what you mean.

No - I've not had a chance to get over there. I can ask them to try, but I asked the alarm company that maintains it and they said VoCOM wouldn't work with a VoIP adapter. If it's that simple, then great!

It’s only dialing a phone number as any telephone would …it’s devices that use a modem to dial a server that I believe will have issues …one issue would be the line monitor if it has one …

I guess there's no harm in just trying the ATA.

Regarding the line monitor - the old copper line is still physically attached but the service has stopped. Are you saying the alarm might go off if the physical connection is removed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back