Need to move internal sounder on Risco GT600P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi alarm people

Just wondering if you can help me. I have an old Risco GT600P alarm panel as below and I need to disconnect the internal sounder box then reconnect it in order to re-locate it due to building works. I’m hoping to do this carefully with the system powered up, as I’m not an alarm guy and having to drill down into the panel’s menu and re-config doesn’t’ appeal unless necessary.

Risco
Model: GT600P
P/N:GT600P00000B

Fortunately I have the engineering code and while in this mode I’ve opened the sounder box to see what I’m up against (see photos). From what I see, all looks straight forward being a 4 wire system with the green and blue wires across the tamper switch and the red and black ones across the speaker, corresponding to these terminals on the control panel, i.e.:

Cont Panel terminal “SPKR +” = red wire

Cont Panel terminal “SPKR -” = black wire

Cont Panel terminal “TZ +” = green wire

Cont Panel terminal “TZ -” = blue wire

Assuming that the micro switch is normally closed, and the act of me removing the case screw at the bottom (holding the switch closed) hasn’t set any sounders off, I’m guessing that I could remove the switch wires without an issue while in Eng mode.

As for the speaker, I’m not sure if there’s anything special I have to do to before disconnecting it and insulating the wires. I’m a bit curious about the choc block across the speaker… I’m hoping this isn’t provision to prevent the panel detecting an open circuit if the speaker is removed is it? Just wondering if a specific resistor is needed across the speaker terminals as a dummy load while the speaker is absent as an additional security feature. Or am I over thinking it? I would be grateful if someone knowledgeable could tell me to just disconnect all the wires, move the box, then reconnect them. Or, whatever else I need to do instead.

Cheers

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-23_15-00-04.jpg
    photo_2023-11-23_15-00-04.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38
  • photo_2023-11-23_15-00-09.jpg
    photo_2023-11-23_15-00-09.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 42
  • photo_2023-11-23_15-00-17.jpg
    photo_2023-11-23_15-00-17.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
Just twist the blue and green together and leave the red and black open ….note ….you will have reduced entry exit tones with no speaker attached….

Thanks for that SM. Just wasn't sure if there was anything tricky lurking that would spoil my plan. I was surprised to see just a switch and speaker in the box. I wonder if being this simple is typical for an internal sounder. I’ve got the external one (bell box) to do next which probably won’t be such a pick nick : - )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back