Internal Sounder Wiring Issue

Sponsored Links
The flex has open collector outputs with jumper links to connect the collector of the output transistor to a pull up resistor. The little black jumpers are on the pcb just behind the output screw terminals.

The jumpers are only left in the open state when the connected device has its own pull up, which may have a different voltage level. In most cases for alarm Sounders, the jumpers can be left fitted.
I've changed the output polarity from 0=POS to 1=NEG and wired the sounder to the panel as shown in the images, left the jumpers in and still getting the pop sound when the sounder is supposedly active, it also pops again when the sounder is off.

Attachments

• 20191119_224810.jpg
    20191119_224810.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20191119_224734.jpg
    20191119_224734.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
You need to check you are getting 12v at op1 and op2,
Think you can eliminate the sounder being the issue as you can get that working when you supply it with 12v

Multimeters are not that expensive and are a useful fault finding tool

You need to check you are getting 12v at op1 and op2,
Think you can eliminate the sounder being the issue as you can get that working when you supply it with 12v

Multimeters are not that expensive and are a useful fault finding tool
I'll look into getting one, I also want to say that I managed to wire a kinetic external sounder to the outputs and it worked good as gold, I'm really confident it is the sounder not being compatible

It is possible

It looks to me like you're not getting 12v at op1 or op2 for some reason , if you can get 12v at them there is no reason why this sounder should not work.

Hopefully galaxyguy might have a trick up his sleeve....

It is possible

It looks to me like you're not getting 12v at op1 or op2 for some reason , if you can get 12v at them there is no reason why this sounder should not work.

Hopefully galaxyguy might have a trick up his sleeve....
I can wire the sounder to the output but I have to wire the F terminal (strobe) to 12v (panel) on the control panel then wire the C terminal (sounder) to the 0v (panel) and make a link from the S terminal to the F terminal in the sounder, but I want the strobe and sounder to run independently

I can wire the sounder to the output but I have to wire the F terminal (strobe) to 12v (panel) on the control panel then wire the C terminal (sounder) to the 0v (panel) and make a link from the S terminal to the F terminal in the sounder, but I want the strobe and sounder to run independently

Which you can do by getting 12v at op1 and op2

However it doesn't appear that you are at present cause if you were the sounder and strobe would work, without a multimeter however there's no way of telling

Just tested the outputs with a muti meter and I'm getting 12v from the outputs, so I'm going to assume the sounder is at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back