Looking to buy a property but has some issues

I was thinking of the same ammount. I wonder if I could get it any cheaper!

What is the guide price?
Guide price is 35k "+"

I have had some estimates of repairs ( stuff that I cant do my self)

Rewiring - 2.5k
New Boiler + repair of existing pipe work ( might strip it out and start fresh). - 3k
Fixing the Roof - ? Not sure on cost but it would depend on how for I got with stripping the roof off and reparing the damage.

Also,
New Kitchen - 1k, I have most of the appliances in the garage already (gas hob, oven, fridge freezers)
Bathroom 1k.

Plaster the entire house 2k

I would hope all the major work would cost around 10k (excluding the roof)

If the property is cheap, ie below 50k, I could buy out right in cash and not worry about the monthly payments.

I am thinking straight with the prices or have I missed the plot!

thanks every one so far!

Sponsored Links
surely the building control officers would have made an order for them to put right the dammage they have done anyway ??

surely the building control officers would have made an order for them to put right the dammage they have done anyway ??

Alittle bit about the property...

Owned by the council as was used as a secure house for battered women.
Later on it got given to a disable person, who died.
It then went empty for years and eventually squatters broke in and claimed squatters rights to it.

THey left / council got them out eventually.

Now the damage has been done by the neighbours, the council has stated that they just want to dispose the property and have nothing else to do with it.

your "estimates" are curiously low.

Can you get anyone good, whose work you have seen, to do it for that?

Sponsored Links
I don't know where the property is. But for Birmingham the estimates don't seem too far off. 2k for plastering seems a touch on the low side though. But I can’t see a rewire and Central heating system costing more than what ibby has estimated.

I will be doing the kitchen, bathroom decorating, carpet fitting and other DIYing myself.

Just the plastering, wiring, roof repairs, boiler would be outsourced. I am sure I can do all this under 12k.
:mrgreen:

I'm sure you can, afterall you've gained some valuable insight off a forum, how could it ever go wrong! :mrgreen:

Belongs to the council - you`ve already paid into it then :LOL: . £60k is too much. let the squatters back in :mrgreen:

Belongs to the council - you`ve already paid into it then :LOL: . £60k is too much. let the squatters back in :mrgreen:

I did ask them to give it to me for free, since I have paided council tax for most of my life :LOL:

Ibby, I am no builder or eveb a proffesional developer, but one well regarded rule of thumb (and one that I can vouch for from personal experience!) is:

Work out your costs carefully.

Then double it, and you'll be about right

Good luck

Ibby, I am no builder or eveb a proffesional developer, but one well regarded rule of thumb (and one that I can vouch for from personal experience!) is:

Work out your costs carefully.

Then double it, and you'll be about right

Good luck

Well I am sure, with a property of such a state. additional costs will arise.

Ive emailed the council and the agent asking for additional information,

Sponsored Links
Back