Looking to replace this garden light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

This garden light unit needs replacement, can someone suggest an exact match online?

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6840.JPG
    IMG_6840.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6839.JPG
    IMG_6839.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_6836.jpg
    IMG_6836.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6837.jpg
    IMG_6837.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6838.jpg
    IMG_6838.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 134
Sponsored Links
It looks like the unit comes in two halves. The central bit and an outer that goes into the decking.
How big is the hole in the deck?

Are your existing fittings 230v or do they run from a driver? If so, what voltage.

That unit is a 230v one.

The description says
  • Deck Mounting - Cut-out: 90mm
So your hole may be too big (ooh err)

Sponsored Links
Pardon my ignorance but how can I tell?

As for the decking hole it has inner and outer cut, the inner cut is 9cm.

You need to follow the cable and see if it goes to a driver box, or if it goes direct to the supply.

Your new light will replace the whole fitting that you already have. So you'll need one that has the same cut-out size and the same bezel size as the old one.
Also you really need to know the wattage of the existing ones, or your new one will be brighter, or dimmer than the others. And that will not be a good look.

This is as far Aa's I can follow it as the rest is hiding under the deck and I have no idea where it goes to.

It seems to have some sort of box connected to it (see image). Does that help to decide which one to buy?

Attachments

• IMG_6841.JPG
    IMG_6841.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 94
Not sure I understand.

If I buy the unit I suggested above will it or will it not fit what I have based on the images wiring wise and assuming I'm ok with the voltage and the size?

You will need remove that can from the decking to fit the new one as TTC points out. That will only be suitable for the existing, and its a 99% chance that the one on TLC is not the same (despite looking visually similar).

Is there no crawl space under your decking? If you cannot get it out from above, you may need to lift a decking board (if no crawl space)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back