Garden lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to replace my frost damaged 240v garden lights with a transformer and 12 volt ones, can I use the existing lighting cable or do I have to replace it thanks Andy :D

Sponsored Links
Hi, I need to replace my frost damaged 240v garden lights with a transformer and 12 volt ones, can I use the existing lighting cable or do I have to replace it thanks Andy :D

In part it will depend on what size and type of cable you already have installed, its condition and what the manufacturers instructions state on the new lights.

Is there a specific reason for you moving to a 12 volt system?
And is it rated for outdoor use?

In part it will depend on what size and type of cable you already have installed, its condition and what the manufacturers instructions state on the new lights.

H thanks for the reply ,The 240v ones are damaged beyond repair and I have a 12 volt garden transformer and 12v lights sitting in the shed ,the cable is 1.mm twin and earth and the lights are 12v 10 watts each and I have to replace 4 .
the transformer is 80 w thanks for looking Andy :)

Sponsored Links

H thanks for the reply ,The 240v ones are damaged beyond repair and I have a 12 volt garden transformer and 12v lights sitting in the shed ,the cable is 1.mm twin and earth and the lights are 12v 10 watts each and I have to replace 4 .
the transformer is 80 w thanks for looking Andy :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back