Loop wiring giving a problem

It's really quite simple, in your original picture of the rose there are 4 neutrals all connected together in the left hand terminal block ( one is blue going to the lamp,the other 3 are black). All three black neutrals must be connected together.

Sponsored Links
Good morning.

Unless I am missing something then as the two wires that connect to the brown/blue on the bulb holder are showing power then the light should work, but it doesn't.
What you are missing is reading or acting on the information/advice which which has been given in one form or another 5 times.
Namely that the 2 wires which you keep describing as 'Loop' are in fact 'Neutral'. They are not and never have been loop according to your pictures in post#4 and you confirmed in post#7.

EDIT: I started writing this an hour before posting, in the meantime i've been sorting a boiler problem and hadn't seen Terry's reply.

Thanks for the reply.

I can see from the original image the black that is connected to the lamp (blue) but what about the wire connected to the brown?

Apologies for my reaction to previous replies but I was only calling the two black wires twisted together as "loop" because they were in the connnector marked "loop", they are as you say neutral.

It's the switched live ,don't get it mixed up with any other blacks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

I can see from the original image the black that is connected to the lamp (blue) but what about the wire connected to the brown?

Apologies for my reaction to previous replies but I was only calling the two black wires twisted together as "loop" because they were in the connnector marked "loop", they are as you say neutral.
No ,they were not In the loop terminal. They were all together in the left hand Neutral terminal block.
Do you have a Specsavers near to you ,it would be worth you visiting them for an eye test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back