loose door seal on S-Max

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rubber seal that runs along the bottom of the doors has been partially broken off by the kids treading on when they get out of the car. I think there may be a metal strip in the rubber as it is relatively rigid. Its fixed on by a number of plastic lugs which have been snapped off. Therefore is there some way it can be fixed back on perhaps with some type of glue or mastic sealant?

I've attached two photographs which should illustrate it better than I can explain it!

Thanks for any replies.[/img]

Sponsored Links
A new seal would be best, but maybe some silicone sealant will do the job....so long as the paint is clean and dry, of course!
John :)

just wondering if you could take it all off,and move it round so you have a fixing at the bottom,then using something like silicone attach the area without the clips??

oh and tell the kids to pick there bloody feet up,used to really annoy me when mine done it.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the sealant.

oh and tell the kids to pick there bloody feet up,used to really annoy me when mine done it.

You tell them but it goes one ear and out the other! For some reason it has never happened on previous cars so I don't know whether its an issue with the S-Max design.

Sponsored Links
i think its mpv in general,i used to have a ford galaxy they done the same in that,before that a fooksal zafira likewise.now a smax.guess what......youngest still does it.

Back