Loose flexi tail on monoblock tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed one of the flexi tails on my new tap is loose where it fixes inside the tap body. Is there a special tool to tighen it? - it looks impossible to fit anything into the body of the tap.

Sponsored Links
Always best to tighten the tap tails well, then lower the whole affair through the sink hole, I find.....hopefully the 'o' rings are keeping things water tight for now?
John :)

Thanks John. Yes it is a mono. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take the tap apart. Ah well - off to find a small enough hex key..........

Sponsored Links
The tap will have to be disconnected from below, and then pulled up through the sink top, I'm afraid. A right PITA.

The tap will have to be disconnected from below, and then pulled up through the sink top, I'm afraid. A right PITA.

Luckily its a new tap that I hadn't fitted to the sink yet. So not as much as a PITA as it could have been. Thanks.

While I've got the tap apart would it make sense to do away with the o-rings on the tails and just pte the threads?

Aaah right! If the tails are copper, then don't distort them with pliers, just nip them up.....if they are braided flexi, there's often some small spanner flats or failing that, use slip joint pliers.
I use a smear of Hylomar jointing compound on the 'o' rings for that belt and braces approach.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back