Loose kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have not long had a new kitchen tap fitted but it has come loose (it moves about with a little hand pressure)

I tried tightening the screw in the picture but it didn't seem to do anything?
Do I need a box spanner? and do I need to isolate the water before doing the work?

Thanks

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 199
Sponsored Links
The screw - it's actually a threaded rod- tightens into the body of the tap. It has a stop on it so it only goes in so far. The 2 C washers , 1 rubber 1 metal, then slot onto the rod and the brass nut then tightens it all together and draws the tap down tight on the sink. If the tap starts to move then it's the nut that needs tightened

Sponsored Links
I tried tightening the screw in the picture but it didn't seem to do anything?

It looks like the tap may not be centred in the hole. If it is off centre the plate will just deform and "bend" into the basin hole without doing much. Take it off and see if the metal plate is still flat. If not you may have to move the tap back a bit so the plate is against the basin. If you see what I mean!!

The screw - it's actually a threaded rod- tightens into the body of the tap. It has a stop on it so it only goes in so far. The 2 C washers , 1 rubber 1 metal, then slot onto the rod and the brass nut then tightens it all together and draws the tap down tight on the sink. If the tap starts to move then it's the nut that needs tightened

Thanks, going to order these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-395020-Monobloc-Back-Spanner/dp/B0015NSTU4?th=1

So tightening that threaded rod (screw part) will cause no issues to the tap?

It looks like the tap may not be centred in the hole. If it is off centre the plate will just deform and "bend" into the basin hole without doing much. Take it off and see if the metal plate is still flat. If not you may have to move the tap back a bit so the plate is against the basin. If you see what I mean!!

I think I know what you mean, I will have another look. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back