Loose wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just moved into an old house and there are 8 or 9 loose wall tiles in the bathroom. They are not so loose I can safely pull them off without breaking so have been looking for a solution to secure them without removing.

I noticed a solution on the web called 'fix a floor' which looks quite good where you drill a couple of holes in the grout and inject the glue. Only concern I have is it is designed for floor tiles and looks very runny so it would probably go everywhere on a wall and possibly just run down behind the tiles.

Any ideas on the best approach?

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
I think I'd try very hard indeed to get those tiles off and make a job of it.....how about scraping the grout away to help things - or have you already done that?
John :)

The tiles are loose because the adhesive has failed, usually it fails because of moisture penetration - perhaps the background has also failed?
If what you propose is on a wet wall then you are penny wise - do it properly and hopefully you will only do it once.

Sponsored Links
Stick some duct tape across them so when you're fiddling about trying to fix them , if one comes free it won't fall to the floor and smash.
On second thoughts could you something like a sink plunger to pull the loose ones off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back