Loss of access ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neibhour below (GFF) put up new 2nd skylight that causes loss of access without PP. He is freeholder.
What will the council say if I speak to them ?
Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
With all the other threads you have started regarding this matter, I don't think there is much else to say!
Rather than winding yourself up and hoping for answers from random internet forum dwellers; do yourself a favour and get a definitive answer from the council! :)

Sponsored Links
I don't think loss of access for maintenance is an issue. The flat roof poses the biggest problem probably requiring a full scaffold, the rooflights would just be boarded over temporarily to protect them from damage.

I don't think loss of access for maintenance is an issue. The flat roof poses the biggest problem probably requiring a full scaffold, the rooflights would just be boarded over temporarily to protect them from damage.
Is that how planning permission works? Before I could reach the gutter with a ladder, now I cannot because there is no space between the units therefore would need some scaffolding ... but that's okay? I have no idea if thats normal.

I would also guess the whole concept of using a ladder will be lost on the council, any thing higher than 12" requires at least 10K of scaffolding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back