Lost burner/air flow problem?? Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I was wondering whether someone could help. My combi boiler has been working fine except for a slightly noiser fan of late. I decided to take the panel off the front of it to see (visually) to if there was any noticable problems (not that I would know anyway really). However after putting the panel back on, switching the gas back on, and the electricty I have problems:

1) I have no pilot light (the error lights telling me it's an ignition lockout)
2) The other error light is telling me 'Air Flow Device (RSF only)'. The book is telling me to check the flue terminal hasnt been obstructed or damage - but I havent touched this?

How has the air flow fault occurred when all I have done is to unscrew the panel, or has it something to do with turning the gas/electricity off? Any ideas how I can get my burner light back and my heating and hot water

Thanks, Chris

Sponsored Links
What's the make and model of the boiler, please. Whatever, there are usually instructions printed somewhere to relight the pilot.

The boiler is a worcester 28cdi. From what I've read about relighting the pilot, it tells you to hold the reset button down and it will relight - but it doesnt seem to be working.

Yours...getting cold.

Chris

probably pulled off or crimped one of the air pressure tubes, or not replaced the combustion box panel correctly, or pulled off an electrical connection to the fan......the fans do get noisy they need a quick squirt of fan lube to go for another year or so and then a replacement.

Sponsored Links
Don't know a retailer kev, but made by IMP 01204793442. Give them a buzz to see if it's generally available.

A 28cdi doesn't have a permanent pilot, it lights itself. Go back in as far as you did before and check all the connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back