Lost power to downstairs ringmains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i have a bit of a problem.Just noticed i have lost power to my downstairs ringmains but this has not tripped on my rcd unit.Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
So RCD not tripped, what about MCB, has that tripped or is that what your getting at?
Check both RCD and MCB of the circuit. If either or both are open, reset and see if the problem continues.

Sponsored Links
You have a short circuit between live and neutral, the RCD will not sense this. Disconnect all consumers (plugs etc.) and see how you go. Probably an element in something gone caput.

We usually try fridge and washing machine first? Switch off the immersion if its on that floor. Hopefully it is a plugged in item and not in the actual ring

Hi sorry i meant the mcb.Have reset this but still no good.
So you've reset it but still have no power on that circuit.

Are you sure it's a ring, or are you just assuming it must be because it's a socket circuit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back